Your Project

Your project represents a considerable investment and should endure many years of seasonal change. Therefore, it is very important to consider the quality of the materials being used. There are many cheap blends of natural stone materials available that may not stand the test of time. Our landscaping products are never engineered to meet the lowest possible price. Instead, our commitment is to always produce quality products with consistent aesthetics, dimensional quality and a lasting durability for a fair price. Our natural stone materials are procured only from audited source partners that have been working with us for over a decade. Our concrete products are manufactured using sustainable and renewable resources.

Choosing Your Paving

When it comes to choosing paving, it is important to understand the correlation between the cost of your chosen paving and the final cost of your landscaping project.

Typically, the cost of the paving will be approximately 20% or less of the total project cost, the remaining 80% will be the cost of installation - labour, cement and sub base materials.

So, buying a more expensive, better quality paving, will not significantly increase costs. In fact, spending 50% more on your paving may only result in an increase of just 10% to the total project cost.

Helpful Tips

  • Buy 10% extra to allow for cuts and wastage.
  • Inspect the paving prior to laying.
  • Dry lay the paving prior to installing where dimensional accuracy is critical.
  • Always mix paving slabs from all the available packs to assist colour blending.
  • Lay on a full mortar bed. Never spot bed paving.
  • Keep paving clean as you point, wiping away cementitious spillage.
  • Use only recommended Lithofin® products to seal and clean your paving, always adhering to the manufacturer’s instructions.
  • Don’t butt paving flags together as this will not allow for dimensional tolerances or expansion and contraction of the paving which could cause spalling.
  • Never use acid to clean paving.
  • Do not seal your paving for at least 3 months after laying to allow the site and paving to fully dry out.